‘Mind Over Madness’ Yoga Hits NYC For 10th Year, But What’s So Special About Yoga?Published by Justin D Joseph on Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 6:00 am.
Yesterday [June 20, 2012] marked the first day of summer, and the kick off of a veritable heat wave in New York City. While most people would opt for reprieve in the coolness of an air-conditioned space, a crowd of people (that included Black people) braved the scorching heat for “Solstice in Times Square: Mind over Madness Yoga,” in Times Square.
1. Start with writing down the reasons you are interested in yoga.
2. Research yoga on the internet.
3. Visit a yoga class your local gym, yoga studio or YMCA/YWCA.
4. Check out books and DVD’s from your local library.
5. Understand your full intention.
6. Start with practicing deep breathing.