DENZEL AT HIS FINEST: Denzel Washington’s 10 Sexiest CharactersPublished by sueZette Yasmin Robotham on Monday, July 16, 2012 at 11:00 am.
Falling in love with Denzel Washington is a veritable rite of passage before stepping into Black womanhood. How could you NOT love Denzel?! He’s a talented Academy Award winning actor, humanitarian, and—by all accounts—devoted married father with a smile that makes you melt—well maybe that’s how it makes me feel.
From his role as Private Trip in 1989’s Glory, (000h remember him crying that single tear?) to his acclaimed portrayal of civil rights leader Malcolm X in the Spike Lee directed 1992 biopic—not to mention his award-winning role as a good cop gone rogue in 2001’s Training Day—he always finds a way to bring on the heat. For a 57 year old man, Ladies, he could get it—crass, but true.
Today marks the FLICK CENTRIC presentation of his 1999 film The Bone Collector, and in honor of that, I’ve compiled a list of Denzel’s ten sexiest characters ever. Here’s the list in no particular order:
- Bleek Gilliam – Mo’ Better Blues (1990)
- Easy Rawlins - Devil in a Blue Dress (1995)
- Frank Lucas - American Gangster (2007)
- John Hobbes - Fallen (1998)
- Joe Miller-Philadelphia (1993)
- Nicholas Styles -Ricochet (1991)
- Alonzo Harris -Training Day (2001)
- Matthias Lee Whitlock -Out of Time (2003)
- Doug Carlin -Déjà Vu (2006)
- Dudley- The Preacher’s Wife (1996)
The FLICK CENTRIC presentation of The Bone Collector airs today at 3P/2C