NOT LIKE THE FIRST TIME: Do You Remember Your Firsts?Published by sueZette Yasmin Robotham on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 12:27 pm.
Last week as I waited for my pedicure to dry…I started flipping through an old issue of Glamour magazine and came across this interesting article called A Woman’s 12 Firsts as an Adult. The list was actually pretty cute and included a woman’s first orgasm, the first time you took your guy home to meet your parents, etc. I’ve been thinking about it ever since and I’m going to do a list of a woman’s firsts. Here we go….
Do you remember the first time…
1. You and your girl(s) plotted putting his car on four flats, but thought better of it once your remembered his parking lot was too well lit…
2. You heard the song that said everything that you couldn’t.
3. You looked at yourself in the mirror and said, “Damn…I’m fine.”
4. You got up and left…and didn’t have a second thought about it.
5. You sat on your couch, wrapped yourself in a blanket, and drank a bottle of wine just because.
6. “He” made you cry.
7. You discovered that you should be earning extra income as a private investigator.
8. You realized that tears can set you free.
9. He cooked for you and even though it was only spaghetti it tasted like a world class chef made it.
10. You walked into the house you bought and exhaled the word, “Home.”
11. You slept in the middle of the bed.
12. Your lip gloss was poppin’.
13. You were happy with your hair.
14. You had an orgasm and passed out…unconcerned about your mate’s needs.
15. The test was negative and you called the girls to arrange a celebration.
16. The words got in the way.
17. You understood what “Waiting To Exhale” was really about.
18. You embraced the unexpected.
19. You said goodbye and meant it.
20. You strutted around your crib in your t-shirt and panties and didn’t give a damn who saw.
21. You understood why knowing was so beautiful.
22. You discovered that your toes were an erogenous zone.
23. You realized that you could do it and that you were doing it.
24. You saw the God in him.
25. Nothing even mattered.
26. You loved yourself…regardless.
You ran out in the middle of the night for a pack of double As…