SOULSESSIONS// The Top 5 Aaliyah Songs You Probably Never HeardPublished by Justin Joseph on Thursday, August 25, 2011 at 9:00 am.
Yes we all know and remember Aaliyah for her arsenal of hits. From 1994’s “Back & Forth” to 2001’s “Rock The Boat”, her catalog of bangers still is able to spark a serious groove, rock radio waves and attract a newer generation of music lovers who were not privy to experience her musical movement in real time.
But, there were a slew of songs that never went beyond her albums, were housed on soundtracks to a long forgotten 90’s movie, or on the albums of other artists—many of which are probably collecting dust or at a half price bookstore.
As her fans celebrate the 10 year anniversary of her death (August 25), we are counting down the top 5 best Aaliyah songs you probably never heard.
5. Timbaland ft. Aaliyah and Missy Elliott “John Blaze” (Tim’s Bio: Life from da Bassment, 1998)
4. Missy Elliott ft. Aaliyah “Best Friends” (Supa Dupa Fly, 1997)
3. Aaliyah “No Days Go By” (One In A Million-Japanese Release, 1996)
2. Aaliyah “I Can Be” (Aaliyah, 2001)
1. Junior Mafia ft. Aaliyah “I Need You Tonight (Extended Remix)” (Conspiracy, 1995)